Normally, chat dishes have numerous specific recipes, and when they are assembled in a particular manner, you get a delicious chat with a lot of flavours merged. Dabeli Pav also known as Kutchi Dabeli/ Kutchi Double roti originated in Mandvi, Kutch throughout 1960. Dabeli ways to push and the potato masala is pressed between a toasted pav bun with other fillings. This is a filling treat, and when I made this, I had it for my lunch too.
The Dabeli masala is easily offered in Northern and Western India, however here in Madurai; we do not get it. So I had to make it in the house. You can have a look at my post for the masala powder. If you can get it in shops, do not hesitate to purchase. I likewise made entire wheat pav buns specifically for this chat series. But before I made the chats, my child devoured some of them by slathering butter and sugar on toasted pav buns. I have not yet published the recipe for the buns.
Whenever I make this kind of chat, I like to position all the elements of the dish in one location. Else I will forget some while assembling. If you see my chat recipes, you will find this type of breeze in every comprehensive chat. I just like this part of the chat make. This is called mise en place, which is a French term which suggests putting in place. I discovered it by enjoying Master Chef. My child has taken a liking to the flavour of chat masala. If I spray chat masala on any food, she will consume it immediately. So nowadays, I even sprinkle chat masala over vegetables and roasts. Todays’ meals were all enjoyed by her, which made me so happy that my child is growing and she has started accepting numerous various flavours. I hope you love this chat too.
How To Make Double Roti
- 3 Potatoes Medium Sized
- 4 tbsp Dabeli Masala if Dabeli masala is not available in stores near you, you can find it available online on sites like Amazon.
- Pomegranate seeds/ Anar.
- Fresh Coconut (grated).
- Chopped Onion.
- Chopped fresh Coriander.
- Masala Peanuts.
- Tamarind & Date Chutney.
- Red Garlic Chutney.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Pav (Burger bun)
- You do NOT NEED TO ADD SALT
- Heat Oil in a pan over low flame.
- When the oil is somewhat warm, add Dabeli Masala & Tamarind Chutney.
- Stir and sauté for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add the boiled mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add 2 of 3 tbsp. water and blend well.
- Add some more Tamarind chutney and Sugar (optional).
- Mix well all active ingredients.
- Switch off the gas and spread out the bhaji (potato mixture) on a plate.
- On the Potato mix, spray some fresh grated Coconut, sliced Coriander, chopped Onion, Pomegranate seeds, masala Peanuts and Sev.
- Cut the Pav/Bun from the centre without breaking into apart for filling bhaji.
- Apply Tamarind chutney & Red Garlic chutney on both inner sides of Pav.
- Add bhaji (filling mix) as required.
- Add some chopped Onion, Masala Peanuts, Pomegranate seeds and Sev.
- Close the Pav and press carefully.
- Kutchi Dabeli is prepared to serve, but Dabeli, when toasted in butter, tastes better.
- Spread out some Butter on a pan and heat over medium flame.
- Place the Dabelis on the Tawa and toast it for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides.
- Kutchi Dabeli/ Double Roti is ready to consume.